Lincoln

November 17th 2010

"Well, the test came back positive" the nurse said on the phone- clearly stunned.

"I thought it might," I said.

I explained what had happened the night before and the nurse stated I needed to repeat the test two days later to see if the count (hCG) is going up (a potentially viable pregnancy) or going down (signing a pregnancy that is ending itself).

My count was 342- indicating I would be about 4 weeks pregnant...I did get pregnant when I thought I did! The temperature was right!

So, I needed to go to the hospital tomorrow and I would get the result Friday morning. Talk about the longest 48 hours of waiting in our lives.

After getting of the phone with the nurse I started having some mild cramping and I had not stopped bleeding (although it had lessened) since the day before.

I don't know what to think. Most of me knows this pregnancy is not viable- but part of me wants to hold out hope that it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment