Lincoln

November 16th 2010

Upon calling the doctor the nurse seemed very confused by my story.

"It just doesn't make any sense to have that much bleeding and still be pregnant" the nurse said. "I know," I stated, "but that's what happened."

A negative test, a period, and then a positive test right after my period ended. That's what happened. I could tell she didn't believe me.

She told me to go to the hospital after work and get a beta (blood test for pregnancy) to confirm that I'm "even pregnant." I wanted to scream, "listen lady I know how to pee on the stick!"

I went about my work nervous, and starting to get excited, about what was potentially happening. I went into a meeting about noon and around 1:30pm starting having horrible cramps.

Oh, no.

I went to the bathroom- blood.

I left work, called Fred, and rushed to the hospital. I called my doctors office on the way there and they told me to get the blood test and then go home and rest. "We don't even know you're pregnant," the nurse said, "it is unlikely that you are."

I did what the nurse said and went home to 6 hours of terrible cramping. I was doubled over, huffing and puffing- the pain was horrible.

This just isn't right. I'm losing this baby and I haven't even had a chance to be happy that I'm pregnant...

No comments:

Post a Comment