Lincoln

June 1, 2012

Week 32

Ah, it is June and the summer is finally upon us. I love the month of June- it is probably my favorite. There is no particular reason I love June; I just find I'm always a little happy in June. The weather is usually nice and not super hot yet- it is staying light out longer and longer and I'm no longer waking up in darkness. Its a good month. And this June is the last month I will live not being a parent. Amazing to even think about that. I've gone my whole life this way and once we flip into July (or possibly sooner) that will all change. I'm excited for it and dare I say, as ready as I'll ever be.

I'm very happy today. Today was my first non-stress test at my OBG-YN office and the results were "perfect." Little man's heart-rate and fetal movement are exactly as they should be. He is measuring only 1 cm shy of perfect and my blood pressure, weight and blood levels are (finally) perfect as well. Hearing his heart beat for 45 minutes this morning just put me at ease so much I can't explain it. And every time he moved I could hear it on the monitor- like having an ear inside the womb! It was awesome :)

All of the baby stuff from the showers is washed and put away and my mother and I have begun to "deep clean" the house. I wanted to be sure to get that done because I'm pretty sure I'll have little time for cleaning in the coming months. Not that I won't clean at all...but you know what I mean....

Pregnancy symptoms: A lot of fetal movement. His kicks, punches, elbows and knees are getting stronger and stronger. Sometimes the movements hurt. He loves to take his head (or butt) and shove it up into my rib-cage every day around lunch time lol! Thanks buddy!

How far along: 32 weeks 4 days

How big is baby? 4 pounds; 17 inches long

Weight gain/loss? +12 lbs (I find it odd I've stopped gaining weight...only 1/2 lb in the last few weeks-- doctor seems cool with it though, so whatever- not like I'm complaining!)
Sleep: Sleep has been pretty good. Waking up twice a night like clock-work. My hands have been a bit swollen when I wake up though- doc says I'm likely curling my arms when I sleep or clenching my hands. They feel ok after an hour or so though, so its not too bad.

Gender: Boy!

Maternity clothes: Yes

Food cravings/aversions: I'm just hungry. I eat, I get full fast and two hours later I'm ready to eat again...repeat.

What are you looking forward to this week
: Getting the house completely in order and (hopefully) having another great report at the docs next week. Our all day birth class is in one week...I think it will be interesting. Fred says he's actually interested to go-- says he doesn't know why other guys complain about it so much, he'd rather know as much as he can about what will/may happen during the delivery. I guess we'll see once we go to the class. Even if he's lying to make me feel better...I love him for it lol! :)

2 comments:

  1. He is not lying! :-)(Fred is as excited as you are!) I was happy to help you get your house in order. But I am getting impatient (thats a shocker) to see this little boy! The room looks so cute and inviting for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know he's excited for the baby- but I wasn't expecting him to be excited about the birthing class...I mean "excited" might be a stretch...but I'll take "interested"- I'll probably be the one that's bored lol!

    ReplyDelete