Lincoln

May 6th 2011

What a difference a week can make. So, today I am officially 6 days late for my period. I tested negative on two home tests two days ago but had a very low positive on the hCG blood test.

The nurse fears it is a chemical pregnancy, as the numbers are too low for what would be expected at 4 weeks pregnant. However, when I look the numbers up online it says that it is perfectly normal to have very low beta numbers at 3-4 weeks pregnant in some women. Part of me wants to be excited but the other part of me remembers the nurses warning "it is very unlikely you are experiencing a viable pregnancy..."

Please don't tell me I am going to miscarry...again...

All I can do is wait and repeat the beta in a week, the nurse instructed. And if in the mean time my period comes then I don't need to bother.

I can't be excited. I can't be disappointed.

I have to just wait and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment