Lincoln

May 19 2011

This week Baby L has graduated from the size of an orange seed to a lentil bean. Baby L has progressed from looking like a ball of beating cells to a tiny tadpole equipped with eye and nose bundles, arm and leg buds and most importantly a beating heart!

I had my first moment of freaking out last night. I just feel overwhelmed. I'm very, very happy but this is probably the scariest thing ever! I mean - it should be scary, it is the hardest thing your body, wallet and marriage will ever go through. I am mostly ecstatic but a small part of me is a little panicked and frightened. I think most first time parents feel this way. And if they don't they're NUTS!!!


WEEK 5:
Pregnancy symptoms: Still VERY tender breasts, mild cramping, appetite has increased, I'm more emotional, more frequent urination and fatigue. This was the first week where I felt distinctly different than typical PMS stuff...
How far along?: 5 weeks
How big is baby?: The size of a lentil bean.
Weight gain/loss?: No gain, no loss
Stretch marks?: None... from pregnancy anyway lol!
Maternity clothes?: Nope although some pants are already becoming less comfortable (sigh)
Sleep?: Waking up about twice a night to pee...but sleep is better than last week.
Food cravings?: No cravings just an increase in my general appetite and I am trying very, very hard not to give in to it...at least not every day...
Gender?: Mom says a strong heart means a girl according to an old wives tale...but we seriously have no idea!
Movement?: Nope. Some mild cramping on and off throughout the day but nothing major.
Belly button?: Still there.
What are you looking forward to this week?: Hearing that my protein S activity level is going back up! (fingers and toes crossed!)

No comments:

Post a Comment