Lincoln

May 25 2011

Half-way to the "safe mark"- time is flying by and moving at a snail pace at the same time. I just realized today is the 9 month anniversary of my father's death...I can't believe its been that long. But, at the same time I feel like its been longer than that. Time is a funny thing- it can heal and do so many wonderful things and it can also flash past in what seems like an instant!

Baby L's nose, mouth and ears are beginning to take shape. Right now he/she's eyes and nostrils are beginning to form. There are small depressions on the side of the head that will soon form into tiny ears. While Baby L is still about the size of a lentil bean, his/her heart is now beating 100 to 160 times a minute and blood is already coursing through his/her body. Intestine are developing and lung buds have now appeared.


WEEK 6:
Pregnancy symptoms: Still VERY tender breasts, mild cramping, appetite has increased, I'm more emotional, more frequent urination and the "extreme fatigue" has started to kick in...although not all days are like this. Some days I am kicking until 10pm, other days I crash as soon as I can...
How far along?: 6 weeks
How big is baby?: The size of a lentil bean.
Weight gain/loss?: -1lb...although I'm sure this won't last long!
Stretch marks?: None... from pregnancy anyway lol!
Maternity clothes?: Nope.
Sleep?: Waking up about once a night now...sleep is getting deeper and better.
Food cravings?: An increase in my general appetite and a slight preference for salty foods and a slight aversion to dairy...yes, even ice cream!
Gender?: No idea!
Movement?: Nope. Some mild cramping on and off throughout the day but nothing major.
Belly button?: Still there.
What are you looking forward to this week?: My second prenatal labs coming back stellar!

No comments:

Post a Comment