Lincoln

March 30,2012

Week 23


This past week has been pretty involved with my belly pop! Now there is no hiding the fact that I am pregnant from...pretty much anyone! It's pretty awesome- further proof there is a baby growing in there. However, the attention my belly is getting throws me off a bit- I don't think I'll get used to people randomly touching me (even people I know and love)- its just a little odd. I don't mind it, but it surprises me every time lol! And along with the growth my weight gain has started to pick up. I'm now on-track and gaining about 1 lb a week. But whatever I gain, I am not going to stress about it. 

Also, early this week the hubs was able to feel the baby kick! THAT was an amazing moment. I feel him move all the time, but to be able to finally share that with my husband was awesome! 

Still no progress on my Protein S levels; in fact they are still dropping. However, there is another blood level that is therapeautic...so I'm not sure if this is good or bad...but my doctor continues to increase the Lovenox dose. I'm now on 180mg twice a day (2 shots in my stomach or back, twice a day)....painful. The higher the dose- the more liquid that is being injected. The more liquid, the more it stings.  Think two giant bee stings, twice a day...that's the closest comparison I can come up with....

At this point I'm counting down the weeks for the injection reason alone. I feel ok physically but this medication is now starting to take its toll. After all I've been doing the injections since September of 2010...yeah I'm pretty tired of it. Also, sleep this week has been terrible....hoping I can catch up on the weekend because I'm feeling pretty crappy at week's end.

The nursery is coming along even more now...I promise pictures soon.

Pregnancy symptoms: Just getting bigger and feeling bigger. Some stomach issues and round ligament pain has been pesky.
How far along: 23 weeks 4 days
How big is baby? 1 pound (no more ounces!), 11 inchesWeight gain/loss? +5 lbs
Sleep: Sleep has sucked this week. I can't get used to side-sleeping, especially on my left side where my blood clot is...my whole lower body just ends up falling asleep.
Gender: Boy!
Maternity clothes: Yes
Food cravings/aversions: Stomach has been icky this week.
What are you looking forward to this week: I would LOVE for my protein S levels to go up and I would really like to get some sleep this weekend and next week. I function terribly without it (yeah, yeah I know- wait till the baby comes...) - I always said that would be the hardest part for me...the sleep deprivation. Maybe I will be blessed with a child like Chicken...that loves to sleep from the get-go...I can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment