Lincoln

April 7, 2012

24 weeks



Holy crap-ola! I know I've said this a million times but time is a flying!!! This week has been pretty ok for the most part. Other than a cold that had me feeling like death for about 3 days (and yes I'm feeling better now) things have been ok. I am finally getting used to the 4 shots per day (watch my doctor increase it to 6 a day when I see him tomorrow, kill-joy) and I'm finally getting used to toting around this belly...somewhat. Hubs is doing well and we both found out we're getting bonuses at work soon....AWESOME!!! Since they cant manage to give us much of a raise these days we'll take the bonuses thank you!

We are almost finished with the nursery. Just need to hang up the "decor" items - pictures, book crates etc...and then we'll be ready for the shower craziness. I'm so excited for my showers but also a little overwhelmed at how quickly my third trimester is approaching. After the showers is birthing classes, interviewing pediatricians, getting our will finalized and then before we know it, it will be baby time!

Pregnancy symptoms: Baby is starting to kick more and more. Fred has felt him three times now and some other people too. Its a really cool feeling...earlier this week I saw my stomach move from the outside!
How far along: 24 weeks 5 days
How big is baby? 1 pound 4 ounces; 1 foot long
Weight gain/loss? +6lbs
Sleep: Sleep has been a bit better this week...although I still hate sleeping on my side.
Gender: Boy!
Maternity clothes: Yes
Food cravings/aversions: Been pretty dang hungry this week...but no cravings in particular.
What are you looking forward to this week: Finishing the nursery and spending lots of time with my hubby. We always get along well but the last few months have been amazing...I'm constantly reminded of the amazing-ness of the man I married and we couldn't be happier about the next step in our lives. I am really excited to be a mom, but I am actually more excited to watch my husband become a father. I just know he'll be so in love with our son and I can't wait to see it!

1 comment:

  1. i can't believe how quickly the time has picked up either! before you know it this little guy will be here!!

    ReplyDelete