Lincoln

January 29, 2011

Week 14

The first week of my second trimester has been pretty awesome. Aside from some minor stomach issues I've been feeling really, really good! Some of the pregnancy "wait until this happens" or "your (insert random body part here) will never be the same so enjoy it" or "well I was never sick when I was pregnant- that's weird" comments have been wearing me a little thin lately. I'm trying to take them in stride and realize most people are just trying to relate- not trying to be annoying...but it can be hard sometimes. From what I can see my pregnancy has parts that are similar to some other women and parts that are different. I have yet to hear another have an identical experience to mine so far -- so my common response has been, "well we'll see- everyone is different!" And I'm trying to take note not to do this to someone else when I hear they're pregnant and I'm on the other side of it. If they want to know what pregnancy was like for me, they'll ask! So far it has been both worse and better than I expected...depending on what part you're referring to.

But I can honestly say I am not one of those women (yes, even already) who loves being pregnant or finds it to be a breeze. I don't feel as good as I did when I wasn't pregnant and I think I'll be happy when this pregnancy is over. That doesn't make me a bad mother or ungrateful to be pregnant. I am thrilled this pregnancy is going so well!!!! But after all, I am in this for the final product (having that baby) and I am willing to do what I have to do to get there. I think its amazing and a miracle and a time I will remember forever. But to say the process is all fun and enjoyable simply hasn't been the case for me. For women who feel great and love being pregnant all I can say is that is really nice for them and they're lucky. But for many women it just isn't like that.

Pregnancy symptoms:
Doing well this week. Stomach is still feeling better- the extreme hunger is becoming more manageable. I'm finding I need to start taking some enzymes when I eat but all and all things are going really well!
How far along: 14 weeks 6 days
How big is baby? The size of an apple
Weight gain/loss? - 1lb
Stretch marks: My belly is looking rounder and feeling harder but no official baby bump yet.
Maternity clothes: Not yet. I'm guessing this will be needed around week 18-20...we'll see...
Sleep: Good!
Food cravings/aversions: My appetite has picked up but I'm not having any extreme cravings or aversions. Oddly I'm not craving ice cream, or any dairy like I usually do...but I think that's probably for the best.
Gender: There is a possibility we'll know the sex of the baby soon but I don't want to get my hopes up in case the baby is "shy." Most people still think boy. I think a boy would be wonderful, but part of me wants the baby to be a girl just to prove them all wrong! : )
Belly button? Still there
What are you looking forward to this week: I'm looking forward to finding out it our baby is a girl or boy and hoping my recent lab work comes back good!

2 comments:

  1. whats with the belly button check?. Is it going to fall off? Lol Oh do people want to know if it becomes an outtie?? haha ,just found it funny.
    Good your feeling better!! Looking forward to finding out also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah I think its an outtie check- mine is such a deep innie though- doubt that will ever happen- thank GOD!

    ReplyDelete