Lincoln

January 20, 2011

Week 13

I am in complete and total amazement that I am even blogging about week 13- the last week of my first trimester!!! It has flown by, and even though I was pretty sick for about 4 weeks, I can't believe I'm already almost 1 trimester done cooking this babe!! This little one is going to be here before we know it!

My mother and I attended my first trimester screen last Monday and everything went really well- we even got few ultrasound pictures with Baby L looking more and more baby-like!!! It was so exciting! The baby had the hiccups and was trying to scratch his or her nose. I was so in love just looking at the screen and watching out baby move,
my heart could have burst!

And, as a super-duper bonus, my nausea and vomiting has almost completely stopped. I've only thrown up once in the past week (after eating a ceasar salad that did not agree with me) and have not been nauseated once! I can tell this second trimester is going to rock!


Pregnancy symptoms:
Doing really well this week; my belly has calmed down; my breasts are less sore and I have more energy!
How far along: 13 weeks 4 days
How big is baby? The size of a lemon
Weight gain/loss? No loss, no gain (I fluctuate up and down in the same 2-3 lb range)
Stretch marks: No- my belly is looking rounder as you can see from week 12 photos but no offical baby bump yet. I mean, I feel like I look different but nobody would guess I'm pregnant if they didn't know. And all my clothes still fit...although some are snugger in the waist...
Maternity clothes: Not yet although I have started to pick up some here and there...
Sleep: Good!
Food cravings/aversions: My appetite has picked up this week like crazy! At about 5-6 weeks I was starving all the time; then that went away; now I feel the same way. I'm eating about 6 small meals a day but could totally pig out way more than I'm allowing myself to!
Gender: EVERYONE, and I do mean EVERYone (well who have voiced their opinions anyway) thinks I'm having a boy. I honestly have absolutely no idea. And everyone keeps saying "what does your mother's intuition tell you?" well, its telling me I have no idea! lol! For the first few months I thought I was having a girl but now more and more I'm thinking boy...but I don't know if that's because I FEEL like I'm having a boy or just because everyone keeps saying that....either way though I don't care!!! I just wanna hold the little nugget!!! We get to find out the sex in roughly 3-4 weeks!
Belly button? Still there
What are you looking forward to this week: Oh, I'm looking forward to clicking over into that blissful second trimester and finding out if my baby is a boy or a girl!

1 comment:

  1. I can not wait to find out if its a boy or girl!! very excited for that next piece of info. If just for the fact we can start refering to "the baby" as a he or she,lol So glad your feeling better and hopeing you can just enjoy this journey!!

    ReplyDelete