Lincoln

December 31, 2012

Week 10

Ah, what a glorious week this has been...in some ways. First the good. Fred and I attended our second prenatal appointment and got to see our baby. Man, this kid was kicking and punching up a storm on that ultrasound and looked distinctly human-shaped; much different from the little bean on the first ultrasound during week 6. It's amazing what a month can do!!!

The picture above simply does not do it justice- we took a video of this amazing ultrasound:


On the not-so-awesome side, I've been really, really, really sick this week with nausea and vomiting. There were about three days where I couldn't keep anything down. Certainly no fun.

Pregnancy symptoms: Nausea and a lot of vomiting. It has been disgusting. My breasts are less tender, so that's a bonus but man! the sickness sucks (and this in no way means I am not grateful to be pregnant or can't get through it- but in reality if any pregnant women tells you she doesn't mind throwing up all day every day, she's lying)
How far along: 10 weeks 4 days
How big is baby? The size of a fig I believe....
Weight gain/loss? -.5 lbs (the nurse at the doctors office was proud of me considering the holidays had just passed...I take half the credit the other half is due to said vomiting)
Stretch marks: No
Maternity clothes: No- although I notice my middle getting "thicker" and my face "filling out a bit" as my mother said :)
Sleep: Good- still getting up twice a night to pee...
Food cravings/aversions: I can't keep Dairy down to save my life!
Gender: Oh, I have a guess but won't voice it here (I can't be proven wrong ya know?!?!)
Belly button? Still there
What are you looking forward to this week: I am looking forward to my second trimester and (hopefully) feeling better and having much more energy!

1 comment: