Lincoln

February 24, 2012

Week 18
A little bit of panic is sinking in as we get closer and closer to the half -way mark. I swear the weeks are clipping on by so fast now that every time I turn around its time for another weekly blog post!!! We finally finished registering for our baby shower(s)- yes, we're having three of them- so that is a mark off the ole check-list. I think we've found a care provider for the days we need it...just waiting on confirmation of her schedule and visit to the home to be sure she is exactly what we're looking for. I have my FMLA leave approved and 10 weeks paid maternity leave (thank you Wayne State) and we have some leads on a pediatrician. And this weekend are officially starting the nursery! So, there is a LOT going on...and not to mention the typical full-time work, busy life stuff we always have lol!

This week has been one of a lot of changes for me. My body is really starting to change by the week- which is both exciting and a little scary at the same time. I'm feeling movement a little more often now on his own...but still not very strong. And I've started to deal with some of the emotional issues that have popped up this week regarding my father. I've been having a lot of dreams about him lately...like dreams that are so real you wake up and have to remember he's gone all over again...not fun. I think it stems from sadness that our baby boy will never know his biological grandfathers. While we have some pretty awesome step-fathers, this fact is still sad. And I'm already noticing my relationships with some people are starting to change...not in a particularly bad way...I can just tell I'm going to be closer to some and more distant from others as I enter mommy-hood.

Pregnancy symptoms: Some very bad dizziness- I actually had to work from home one day because I was scared to drive. Cramping has been a lot less, so that is good. Other than that just normal body growing and expanding stuff...some round ligament pain...but more of a pulling sensation now then the shooting pains I was having.
How far along: 18 weeks 4 days
How big is baby? 8 ounces
Weight gain/loss? +3 lbs
Stretch marks: Not yet...but I'm pretty sure I won't make it out of this without one or two marks...
Maternity clothes: Just started wearing them this week, some stuff is still pretty big but I feel more comfortable in maternity clothes now...all the regular stuff is riding up or down and getting annoying.
Sleep: Good...except for the occasional dizziness waking me up and sad dreams about my father :(
Food cravings/aversions: Just hungry...still craving snickers bars....
Gender: Confirmed again at the ultrasound today- still a BOY!!!!
What are you looking forward to this week: Starting to paint and decorate baby boy's nursery!

No comments:

Post a Comment