Lincoln

February 12, 2012

Week 16
We found out this week that we are expecting a baby BOY!!! A boy, B.O.Y.!!! The hubby was so certain all along that we were having a boy. Myself? I was completely clueless as to what we were having. But honestly I am over-joyed!!! As a women I've always thought having a little girl would be the best. I'm a girl so I think there is a natural tendency to prefer what the gender/sex that you are...like my husband wanting a boy just a wee bit more than a girl. But, after having it confirmed that I am expected a son- all thoughts about having a girl really dissolved away into the elation of thinking about my soon-to-be son. It's really hard to explain.

And if by the 1% chance baby boy is born and is a baby girl- I will be elated all over again. It's a child. YOUR child- created in love and wanted for years...how can you really care what you're having? It is not like you have a choice in the matter and honestly there are so many positives and negatives to each sex that the personality and temperament of the child is truly what matters. Everyone keeps telling me that boys are so much fun, easy-going and so much easier to raise then girls. But, I'm sure if I was having a girl I would hear how adorable and quick to learn girls are...like I said, good and bad on both sides. Nothing says the boy won't be a Drama King or that a girl will love to wear dresses and potty train early....every child is different.

But a sleepover with my adorable Mr. Chicken last night had me picturing my life as a mother to a little boy and I honestly CAN NOT WAIT!!!

Pregnancy symptoms: Still some dizziness and mild cramps. My belly had definitely started to grow and I can tell maternity clothes are in my near future.
How far along: 16 weeks 6 days
How big is baby? 4.5 inches and 3.5 ounces- the size of an avocado...and as a cute note, the other day I referred to the baby as being the size of a small melon and my husband goes "no, he's the size of an avocado..." someone has been reading the baby books : )
Weight gain/loss? +2 lbs
Stretch marks: No..but fear of them has grown as I watch my belly expand by the day!
Maternity clothes: Not yet, but soon...probably by week 18 or 19.
Sleep: Good. Twice a night trips to the bathroom but I fall right on back to sleep...I know, I know...enjoy it while I can!
Food cravings/aversions: I'm just hungry a lot but it doesn't take too much to settle the hunger down. I'm hungry more often but don't need to eat a lot in one sitting...room in my abdomen is at a premium!
Gender: BOY!!!!
What are you looking forward to this week: I'm just elated at the news of our baby boy and to some degree am enjoying my expanding belly...it's proof there is a baby in there! ALSO, I've started to feel some light flutters!!! (The single most amazing feeling in the world might I add) so I am really looking forward to feeling more movement from our little guy!

1 comment:

  1. don't worry,soon that little guy will be giving your ribs a good kicking! lol :-) I am so thrilled to be having a grandSON!! I'm already running through my head all the things I can do with this little guy....Nonna's little boy...awww. Oh thrilled for you both also of course..LOL love you

    ReplyDelete