Lincoln

February 19, 2012

Week 17

This weeks biggest milestone has been the appearance of my baby bump!!! Sure, its still pretty little but it is definitely there and my clothes are defiantly fitting less and less each day. I'm wearing maternity shirts on occasion- not into maternity pants yet but by week 20 I think I'll be there...if not sooner. I did retire my jeans about 5 days ago however.."good-bye jeans, see you in the fall....hopefully!"

It is nice to see the bump finally make it's appearance- it is proof there really is someone in there! And an unintended and beautiful consequence of my growing belly is acceptance of some of my other curves as well. I've always been a curvy girl and struggled with my weight. But as my pregnancy progresses I'm finding an appreciation for my body that I never really had before. It is doing something amazing. It is resilient and I'm finding it more beautiful then ever before! Sure its not perfect and there are a lot of things I would like to change if given the option...but being pregnant is such a confirmation of women-ness and I'm now viewing the other curves of my body in much the same way. These curves are womanly and they are beautiful! Sure they could be smaller, but they could be a lot bigger too and I think the baby bump suits me quite well : )

Pregnancy symptoms: Some dizziness and mild cramps. Along with the growing belly comes some pretty painful lower-back aches. Ugh! Learning to squat to pick things up instead of bending over.
How far along: 17 weeks 6 days
How big is baby? 5 inches and 5 ounces
Weight gain/loss? +2 lbs
Stretch marks: Not yet...but I'm pretty sure I won't make it out of this without one or two marks...
Maternity clothes: Soon...very, very soon.
Sleep: Good.
Food cravings/aversions: Just hungry. Craved Snickers this week and probably had more than I should...oh well lol!
Gender: BOY!!!!
What are you looking forward to this week: Friday is my anatomy screen, probably the most in-depth and lengthy of the ultrasounds and I'm excited to see my baby boy again :)

1 comment:

  1. you are looking BEAUTIFUL and glowing!! You have always been beautiful! Enjoy this special time,I did with you!!

    ReplyDelete