Lincoln

May 18, 2012

Week 30

Man, 30 weeks along...only 8 weeks or less left. So hard to imagine we're even here and that in just about two months we'll be having a baby! Crazy how fast time has flown...

This week has been pretty good. Nothing crazy, new or unusual to report.

Last weekend we had a baby shower from my husband's side of the family- it was really very nice.

 Aunt Nancy bought Lincoln his very first fishing pole!

 Miss Gentry...still makes my heart melt...she just needs to stop getting so big!

 Our dear friend Carrie with daughter Emma and niece Electra





 That's my "Awww its sooo cute!' face...apparently lol!

Fred's Mother- so beautiful and so awesome!

 Fred and his wonderful Mother and sisters

The soon-to-be family of three!

I saw the doctor this morning and learned some interesting news. Everything is going well. He things the phlebitis is nothing to worry about and may actually be bumped up against a lymph node which is what is causing more pain. I passed my glucose test as I reported last week and he's comfortable with my Vitamin D regime at the moment (although we disagree on this, but whatever). My weight, blood pressure and fundus height is "perfect" and the baby's heart-rate is a healthy 164 beats per minute.


Starting in two weeks however, I'll start undergoing weekly non-stress tests. A test where they hook the belly up to two straps and monitor the baby's movement, oxygen, contractions I may be having etc. After that I repeat the test one week later then it will be bi-weekly tests. Yes, that's twice a week...man- talk about things moving along. He said the purpose of these tests are to be sure the baby is safe in his environment and that if anything comes back off he will feel comfortable inducing me as early as week 34...that's June 12th...yeah, OMG. He says with my compromised circulation and other issues I'm at a really high risk for preclamsia and he wants to keep the baby inside as long as it is safe- but if anything starts to go awry he's comfortable "getting that baby out of me." He said the absolute LAST day he would induce would be 39 weeks or July 16th. So, looks like I'll be having a baby any time between June 12th and July 16th.

I never thought induction that early was even an option and I'm HOPING we make it until at least the first of July...but then again nothing is predetermined, especially in pregnancy and apparently that is even more true in high risk pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment